Southwold Town Council Will:
- Treat all councillors, clerk and all employees, members of the public, representatives of partner organisations and volunteers with civility and respect in their role.
- Put in place a training programme for councillors and staff.
- Sign up to Code of Conduct for councillors.
- Have in place good governance arrangements in place including, staff contracts, and Dignity at Work Policy.
- Commit to seek professional help at early stages should civility and respect issues arise.
- Commit to calling out bullying and harassment when if and when it happens.
- Continue to learn from best practice in the sector and aspire to being a role model/ champion council e.g., via Local Council Award Scheme.
- Support the continued lobbying for the change in legislation to support the Civility and Respect Pledge including sanctions for elected members where appropriate.